Give your business a healthy start
Do you have an amazing idea for the health sector?
Think it could make a great business?
Need help to make it happen?
Health Incubator Helsinki is open for applications from 20 February until 26 March, 2023. After the selection process, approximately 10 teams will be chosen for the program that starts in April, 2023.
Be part of a vibrant health community
When you’re starting a business, you need to be where the talented people are. When it comes to health, Helsinki has a lot to offer. A connected ecosystem of a world-class healthcare system with research universities, hospitals and facilities, and a vibrant startup scene.
Helsinki is one of the best places to grow your network. Be part of a thriving group of like-minded people with the same focus in life as you: the future of health.
What is Health Incubator Helsinki?
It is a comprehensive incubator program for research-based, early-stage teams and startups operating in the health sector. The program is part of Health Capital Helsinki, publicly funded initiative to encourage and support entrepreneurs in the health sector.
What are the benefits?
We provide you with the infrastructure and advice you need to succeed. You get long-term (up to three years) support including tailored mentoring and advice, and networking opportunities with office and co-working space. Our aim is to support you as you establish your company and grow. Over the course of the program, the teams get invaluable opportunities to network with investors, established healthcare industry experts, innovative entrepreneurs and expert advisors.
Apart from a minor fee for the office space, the incubator services are free for the participants. The incubator does not take any equity in the companies.
“We’ve seen different types of incubators and accelerators and Health Incubator Helsinki really stands out with its competence. The experienced business mentors certainly push the participating startups onwards. We’re also very excited to be a part of a program where there are so many interesting companies from our field.”
CEO, Mr. Tuomo Pentikäinen
Who can apply?
The requirements to qualify for evaluation are:
- You have a strong idea that addresses a clearly defined problem in the health sector, or a business idea based on an innovative technology or concept.
- You are a team of two or more people and preferably your team is based in Europe.
- You are probably at a very early stage, but having a prototype or Minimum Viable Product is a distinct advantage.
Why should you apply?
What kind of innovations are we interested in?
If your idea is connected to the health industry, we should talk. Most of the businesses we support are research-based.
Here are some examples of the types of companies we’re currently working with:
- Data innovators: companies looking at new ways of understanding and using big data, AI and machine learning techniques
- Specialist treatments: new innovative ways of tackling difficult or rare diseases
- Apps and websites: for example, wellness orientated services such as stress management
- Pharmacy: new drugs, improvements to existing ones
- New equipment and technology: improved tools for better, smarter treatments
And more. What’s your idea?
How do I apply and what’s the application process like?
We are open for your submission during the period of 20 February to 26 March 2023. We want to see your application!
After the application period, we will inform selected candidates and schedule interviews in March 2023. Approximately 10 teams will be accepted into the program that starts in April 2023.