Health Incubator Helsinki provides up to three years of comprehensive business development services, modern office and coworking facilities and broad networking opportunities. The incubator program will be customised based on the individual needs of each selected team to maximise the odds of success. Apart from a minor fee for the office space the incubator services are free for the participants and no equity is taken.
- Tailored coaching and mentoring to meet the needs of each team.
- Comprehensive services from test beds to business support.
- Office and coworking space in Terkko Health Hub located in Helsinki.
- Opportunities to network with investors, established healthcare industry experts, innovative entrepreneurs and advisors.
Training and activities
During the program, the teams will learn more about their market and its potential. Health industry experts will provide guidance for making their business case solid and sustainable, securing cash flow and building an advisory network. Other key topics covered throughout the program include, for example, intellectual property rights (IPR) and the role of medical device regulation as well as go-to-market (GTM) and stay-on-market (STM) strategies.
- Mentoring: regular one-on-one discussions with mentors, investors, health industry professionals, and experienced entrepreneurs.
- Workshops: hands-on sessions on various topics essential to master when building a company.
- Founders talks: interactive meetings where seasoned health entrepreneurs share their insights on founding and scaling companies.
- Get-together meetings: monthly meetings that bring together the Health Incubator Helsinki community to update on the latest achievements of the teams and to determine goals for the upcoming weeks.
- Demo days: biannual events organised to showcase the teams and their progress to investors, entrepreneurs and stakeholders within the health sector startup ecosystem.
Health Incubator Helsinki is a joint effort of the City of Helsinki and University of Helsinki. It is provided in partnership with Health Capital Helsinki and embedded in a larger collaborative health ecosystem spanning the Helsinki capital area.