Give your business a healthy start
Do you have an amazing idea in the health sector?
Think it could make a great business?
Need help to make it happen?
The Health Incubator Helsinki’s application time has ended on March 15, thank you to all the applicants!
Be part of a vibrant health community
Helsinki is one of the best places to grow your network. Be part of a thriving group of like-minded people with the same focus in life as you: the future of health.
What is Health Incubator Helsinki?
It is a comprehensive incubator program for research-based, early-stage teams and start-ups operating in the health sector. The program is part of Health Capital Helsinki, a public funded initiative to encourage and support entrepreneurs in the health sector.
What are the benefits?
We provide you with the infrastructure and advice you need to succeed. You get long-term (up to three years) support including tailored mentoring and advice, and networking opportunities with office and co-working space. Our aim is to support you as you establish your company and grow. Over the course of the program, the teams get invaluable opportunities to network with investors, established healthcare industry experts, innovative entrepreneurs and expert advisors.
Apart from a minor fee for the office space, the incubator services are free for the participants. The incubator does not take any equity in the companies.
“Health Incubator Helsinki brings us energy and helps us expand our professional network.”
CEO, Mrs. Katja Ivanitskiy
Who can apply?
The requirements to qualify for evaluation are:
- You have a strong idea that addresses a clearly defined problem in the health sector, or a business idea based on an innovative technology or concept.
- You are a team of two or more people and preferably your team is based in Europe.
- You are probably at a very early stage. You don’t need to have a prototype, proof of concept, funding, a brand or even a website. However, close to having a prototype is a distinct advantage
Why should you apply?
What kind of ideas are we interested in?
If your idea is connected to the health industry, we should talk. Most of the businesses we support are research-based.
Here are some examples of the types of company we’re currently working with:
- Data innovators: companies looking at new ways of understanding and using big data, AI and machine learning techniques
- Specialist treatments: new innovative ways of tackling difficult or rare diseases
- Apps and websites: for example, wellness orientated services such as stress management
- Pharmacy: new drugs, improvements to existing ones
- New equipment and technology: improved tools for better, smarter treatments
And more. What’s your idea?
How do I apply and what’s the application process like?
We are open for your submission during the period of 1 February to 15 March 2021. We want to see your application!
After the application period, we will inform selected candidates and schedule interviews in March 2021. Approximately 12 teams will be accepted into the program that starts in May 2021.